Our world-class facility is located in the Livingston Recreation Center at 62 Road 3 in Piscataway, NJ 08854. Our program is fun, educational, and maintains focus on proper technique as students develop strength, flexibility, and skills on all apparatuses. Our qualified staff is both CPR Certified and Safety Certified by USA Gymnastics, and will give your gymnast both a positive and memorable experience. We offer a wide variety of classes for both boys and girls on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. In general, students are registered for class according to age and ability. Registration for classes can occur at any time during the session and we prorate our tuition accordingly!!
Pee-Wee & Me: Children 20 months – 36 months (45 minutes). In this class, the parent follows along, accompanying and supporting his/her child as he/she moves through obstacles that develop strength, balance and coordination on each apparatus. This class is great for developing gross motor skills and learning basic gymnastics.
Pre-School: Children 3-4 years old (45 minutes). Children in this class are independent in following along as the instructor guides students through exciting obstacles to learn basic gymnastics skills on each apparatus. Children also develop skills in following directions and turn taking.
Kinder Gym: Children 5-6 years old (1 hour). Students continue to gain independence as they move through challenging obstacles on each apparatus. Students also progress in technique and development of skills like bridges, handstands, cartwheels, and more.
Beginner/Intermediate Gymnastics: Children 6-9, or 10+ years old (1 hour). Students continue to work on the basic skills of gymnastics on each apparatus. They will work on perfecting their rolls, handstands, cartwheels, and round offs, and may be introduced to drills for more advanced skills. They will also work on developing strength and flexibility needed to progress into harder skills needed for more advanced gymnastics.
Advanced Gymnastics: Children 8+ (1.5 hours). Students have a strong background in the basics of gymnastics. They will work on more advanced skills on each event, including hands prings, walkovers, etc. They will work on further improving their strength and work towards entry into our Varsity Gymnastics class. This class is also 1 ½ hours long to allow for more time to work on each apparatus.
Tumbling: This class focuses on providing cheerleaders and gymnasts with the skills necessary to become good tumblers. Students will spend time working on strength and tumbling drills that will help them get one step closer to better tumbling for classes and try-outs. Beginner tumbling will work on strengthening handstands, cartwheels, and round offs, as well as drills for handsprings and walkovers. Advanced Tumbling students have already mastered those skills, and will work on round off back handsprings, front handsprings, and front/back tucks.
Varsity Gymnastics: (2 Hour Classes, 1 or 2 days/week). This program offers year-round practice to advanced students preparing to be a part of any competitive gymnastics team. Gymnasts may train 1-2 days per week to perfect their skills and improve strength and flexibility for the upcoming season. In this class, students will work on various skills from back handsprings and walkovers, to saltos, twisting, and more advanced skills on all four apparatuses.
Class sizes will be:
- 6/1 Preschool and Pee Wee
- 8/1 Kindergym, Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced
- 10/1 Tumble and Varsity Gymnastics
Rutgers Gymnastics Safety Rules
General Safety Rules
- No chewing gum
- No jewelry (stud earrings are allowed)
- No loose or baggy clothing
- All hair must be pulled back away from the face
- All children must wait in the seating area unless in a class
- All participants must wait with their parents until called onto the floor by their coach
- After dismissal from class, no one is allowed on the equipment
- No playing on or around the red dividers
Gymnastics Class Rules
- Always stay with your coach
- Use your “inside voice” while in class—no yelling, please!
- Do not leave your class for a drink or restroom without your coach’s permission
- No running in the gym
- All gymnasts must keep their hands, feet, and bodies to themselves
- Always walk around the edge of the floor mat or other equipment
- Never use any equipment unless your coach instructs you to do so
- Only one person at a time on the equipment
- Always land on your feet unless instructed to do otherwise
- Keep a safe distance from others in the class
- Do no walk under any equipment while someone else is using it
- Do not climb or hang on legs of beam or bar cables
- Only use the equipment as instructed by your coach
- Follow your coach’s directions
- Jump in the middle of the trampoline
- Only one person at a time
- Always walk across to the middle and then back to the edge
- Never go under the trampoline