Football Ticket Policy
Students have secure, personal accounts from which to manage their account information and request a ticket. By linking their account online with the ticket office, students consent to receiving emails with information related to their student tickets. The list of students who meet the criteria is provided by University Registrar. These students are eligible to receive one (1) ticket to each Rutgers home football game.
In order to claim or purchase a student football ticket, you must first register (link) your RU ID account to your Ticket Office account. Please read the following information and regulations carefully.
- Students can register online by clicking here or visit http://tickets.scarletknights.com and follow the online student ticket sales link.
- When accessing the online services for the first time, select the “Register” option.
- Students then enter their Student ID number and click “Activate”. Once activated, students must input their personal information, including the email address to use for all future communications regarding football tickets. (Students who have previously registered their account online can utilize the “Already Registered” link to proceed with their ticket request)
- All student tickets and student guest tickets will be delivered by email via the Print-at-Home delivery method. Each ticket will appear as a PDF attachment on the email.
Rutgers University Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to claim/purchase a student ticket for Rutgers home games:
- Must be enrolled full-time at the New Brunswick/Piscataway Campus.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program where an athletic fee is paid.
Newark and Camden full-time undergraduate and graduate students and New Brunswick/Piscataway full-time graduate students may purchase single game tickets for $30 and season tickets for $168.
Eligible students have two options when choosing to attend games at High Point Solutions Stadium:
OPTION 1: PURCHASE STUDENT SEASON TICKETS
- New Brunswick/ Piscataway, full-time, athletic fee paying undergraduate students are eligible to purchase a student season ticket for $66.00. Newark and Camden full-time undergraduate and graduate students, and New Brunswick/Piscataway full-time graduate students can purchase a season ticket for $168.00 Prices include all processing and delivery fees. Tickets will not be emailed until late August. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is completed, please note that your tickets are not attached.
- To purchase tickets, students must logon to www.scarletknights.com under the “Tickets” section. From that point follow the links to purchasing Student Season Tickets.
OPTION 2: FREE SINGLE GAME DISTRIBUTION
- Single game tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To claim a free ticket for a specific home football game, students must first register (link) their account. Once registered (linked) proceed with the following steps:
- Select the “Student Tickets” option.
- Select the game interested in attending.
- Enter the number 1 under quantity and add to cart.
- Verify order, check out, and print ticket (once email is received).
- Please note: A student cannot purchase a season ticket and claim a free single game ticket. Once a ticket is claimed and the order is verified, students should check out and print the ticket immediately after the email arrives.
- Students must bring their printed ticket and valid Rutgers ID in order to enter the stadium.
- If a student claims a ticket, but later decides not to attend the game, the student may choose between the following options to avoid a “no show” being charged to their account:
- The student may give their ticket to another Rutgers student (Note: if a ticket is given to another student and that ticket is not scanned, the “no-show” will still be charged to the original ticket holder).
- The student may cancel their ticket with the ticket office no later than 12:00 p.m. (noon) two days prior to game day. Tickets can be cancelled in person at the ticket office located in the lobby of the RAC or by calling the ticket office at 732-445-4678 and press 9. Students must bring their Print-at-Home ticket along with their student ID in order to cancel the ticket.
- For more information on the no-show policy, please read below.
Student Guest Tickets:
OPTION 1: PURCHASE STUDENT SEASON GUEST TICKET
- This is the ONLY way to guarantee that your guest (s) get to see every game!! Student season ticket holders only may purchase up to two student guest season tickets. The cost of a Student season guest tickets is $168.00. This includes all processing and delivery fees. These tickets are valid only for the student section (general admission). Tickets will not be emailed until late August (it will be sent along with the student season tickets). You will receive a confirmation email when your order is completed, please note that your tickets are not attached.
OPTION 2: STUDENT GUEST SINGLE GAME DISTRIBUTION
- If student ticket inventory remains five days prior to the game, students will have the opportunity to purchase Student Guest tickets based upon availability. If all student tickets are taken in the initial claim period, there will NOT be any Student Guest tickets available for purchase. Guest Tickets will cost $30 each and will be valid for the general admission student sections only. The number of Student Guest tickets a student will be eligible to purchase will be determined by availability for each game. Tickets will only be available online.
Unclaimed Student Tickets Available for Public Purchase
- Four days prior to the game, any unclaimed student tickets (including guest tickets) will be opened up for sale to the public. If any student has not yet claimed a ticket, they may still do so until the supply of student tickets runs out. Students are encouraged to claim and print their ticket before the remaining tickets are made available to the public.
Student No-Show Policy
- Student tickets are in high demand. The no-show policy was put in place to encourage students to use the tickets they claim, since not all students receive a ticket to each game.
- Students are limited in the number of times per season and the total number of times while enrolled as students that they can be a no-show for games.
- Students who accumulate two (2) no-shows in one football season will be ineligible to claim tickets for the remainder of the season.
- Students who accumulate five (5) total no-shows in football while enrolled as a student will be ineligible to claim tickets for the remainder of their time as students.
Regulations for Student Admission to Home Football Games
- Admission to all football home games requires that students present:
- Your barcoded, Print-at-Home student ticket
- Your valid Rutgers Student ID
- Each student ticket has printed on it:
- A unique barcode
- The student’s name
- The student Entry Gate (located in South Endzone)
- Student tickets can be used by any full-time Rutgers student with their valid ID.
- EXAMPLE: John Rutgers can attend the game with a valid student ticket with Jane Knights’ name printed on the ticket to gain admission into the game, but he must show his RU Student ID. The ID used for entry must match the student using the ID.
- Students cannot sell or transfer student tickets to non-students. Any person caught attempting to sell a student ticket will be prohibited from claiming tickets indefinitely and the barcode of the ticket will be voided.
- In the event that a student ticket is duplicated, only the first ticket (barcode) scanned at the student gate will be admitted -- all duplicated tickets will be denied admission.
- It is in the student’s own interest not to duplicate his/her tickets or give anyone access to your email address and personal information.
- If a student loses or misplaces a ticket, a ticket can be re-issued by calling the Rutgers Ticket Office. A $5 reprint fee may be assessed. As soon as the new ticket is issued and emailed to the student, the previous ticket and barcode will be voided. Any voided ticket will not be able to be used for admission to High Point Solutions Stadium.
- All student tickets for football are general admission seating within the student sections designated on your ticket.
- Student section is in the South Endzone - sections 134 to 141.
- Students will enter through the South Endzone entrance. All students must enter through the student gate.
- This enables students to sit with friends and select their preferred seat location within the student sections at High Point Solutions Stadium. All seating is first-come, first-served.
Abuse of the Student Ticket Distribution Policy
Students who abuse the provisions of the student ticket distribution policy face the possibility of being ineligible for any future ticket distributions.
Olympic Sports include soccer, field hockey, wrestling, track and field, cross country, tennis, gymnastics, swimming and diving, lacrosse, baseball, softball, golf, rowing, and volleyball.
Admission to all Olympic sports is free with a valid Rutgers undergraduate New Brunswick/Piscataway student ID.
WEAR RED TO THE GAME!
Like/Follow the Rutgers Riot Squad for the latest student information about Rutgers Athletics: www.facebook.com/rutgersriotsquad